The Center for Research on College-Workforce Transitions is hosting a National Symposium on College Internship Research.
Friday September 28th, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Pyle Center Vandeberg Auditorium, 121
The goals of the inaugural College Internship Symposium are as follows:
- To convey and discuss the current state of empirical research on college internships.
- To cultivate a community of scholars, practitioners, and policymakers involved in studying and implementing college internships in order to provide networking and collaborative opportunities.
- To provide a venue for in-depth discussions regarding critical design, legal, and institutionalization issues related to college internships.
- To catalyze changes in how colleges, universities, and employers design internships so that they are equitable and high-quality for all students.
- To put student interests and welfare at the center of debates and policymaking regarding college internships.
Panels at the Symposium will also highlight the voices of students and employers who have recently been involved with internship programs, the value of translational or applied research to make empirical findings actionable and useable, and recommendations for future research, policy, and practice.