We just added a few new resources to our Resource Library. This one in particular will be of interest to programs and institutions looking to redesign their curricular approach and partner with employers to better address the Essential Employability Qualities in their educational programs.
Merging Work and Learning to Develop the Human Skills that Matter – from Pearson and Jobs for the Future.
This report showcases promising practices from the US and UK to suggest a forward looking agenda for education and training, moving from uncertainty to the economic advancement of all learners. Some of the strategies profiled include:
- competency-based education, which allows learners to show what they know as soon as they know it and move quickly to the next level;
- employer and industry-led models, which radically lower the opportunity costs of education by providing further training on the job;
- the latest labor market intelligence tools and techniques, which provide educators with powerful insights into the changing skills marketplace;
- dynamic and work-based pedagogy, to instill the critical skills needed for the future of work; and
- new pathways and business models that support access and completion for learners at any point in their career and at virtually any income level.